Wednesday 1 April 2015

SurreyLets. Legionella Risk Assessment finds Legionella species in water system in rented property.

I have to say when I read that Landlords needed to have Legionella Risk Assessment’s under the Health and Safety’s Executives guidelines for Landlords on rented properties

I was quite sceptical. Concerned always about the ever growing number of legislative duties my landlords have to already bow to, and the cost constraints of yet another test, I have to say I was quite reluctant to roll this one out. However, recognising the implications we undertook this on the managed properties forthwith. I was aware from talking with my clients and other local agents that we were one of the first letting agencies in the area to start implementing the risk assessments as the queries from Landlords into the legislation was in-depth.

As AquaB Group, the company I had instructed to undertake carrying out safety checks started their work, initial assessments were coming back showing a low risk which was reassuring, and subject to the lab results from the water sample, the properties would be deemed an overall low risk and my landlords and tenants could sleep safe at night.

Yesterday though, I got the call that the lab had found evidence of Legionella in one of the properties we manage...read more here

Posted February 9, 2015 by Sally Asling, SurreyLets.

No comments:

Post a Comment